Respect the Forklift! The Importance of Certified Training Programs
Did you know that 20,000 employees are seriously injured in warehouse forklift-related incidents every year in the US? Aside from keeping your employees safe, increasing productivity and promoting awareness, OSHA and the Department of Labor require an employer to provide training and certification for each person permitted to operate powered industrial trucks or aerial work platforms. Powered industrial trucks include forklifts, motorized pallet trucks, reach, order selectors, etc. Aerial work platforms include scissor lifts, boom lifts, and manually powered lifts. To minimize accidents, it is important to utilize factory-trained and certified instructors.
Operator training certification has a three-year expiration. After that, re-evaluation and certification will need to be repeated. Train-the-trainer courses provide knowledge for your qualified personnel to certify operators utilizing your own trainers and materials.
Benefits of safety training for forklift operators
- Learn safe driving skills
- Lower accident statistics
- Improve operator productivity
- Help prevent unnecessary injuries or deaths
- Learn daily inspections
- Learn about the different capacities
- Comply with OSHA requirements
How important is workplace safety to your operation? Action Lift, Inc. offers operator training, train-the-trainer, and service training to our customers at our facility in Pittston, PA or on-site at their location.
- Train the Operator: Our factory-trained instructors cover basic safety information and powered industrial truck dynamics, as well as trucks and site-specific instructions. Each operator receives a certificate of completion and an operator information manual. (Operator re-evaluation/training is required every three years.)
- Train the Trainer: Provides ability to train, evaluate and certify utilizing your own personnel. Your factory-certified trainer will provide your company with the tools and information required to perform all operator training in-house, including a video program, CD-ROM and trainers manual.
- Service Training: Action Lift offers comprehensive technical training on its full line of products via our network of factory-trained professionals who are ready to create training programs just for you. We also offer a number of training tools that you can use to conduct your own service training sessions for those who perform their own maintenance.